SRD welcomes Prof. (Dr.) Shri Kant as adviser in technical committee. Prof. Shri Kant has 40 years of academic and research experience in wide variety of areas like Special Functions, Cryptology, Pattern Recognition, Cluster Analysis, Soft Computing Model, Machine Learning and Data Mining. He has published more than 80 research papers in international and national journals and conference proceedings. He has also published several classified technical reports and has eight copyright to his credit for about 182 algorithms grouped under eight categories. He has guided more than 30 students of MCA, M. Phil, M. Tech for their projects. Two scholars have got their PhD degree and at present eight students are pursuing their PhD under his supervision.
He received his Ph. D. in applied mathematics from applied mathematics departments of institute of technology, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi in 1981. He started his career as Technical Assistant with Joint Cipher Bureau (JCB) of Armed Forces Head Quarter (AFHQ), M/O Defense in 1981 and thereafter he moved to Scientific Analysis Group (SAG) of DRDO, M/O Defense in 1985 and served there in various capacities and again he was send to Joint Cipher Bureau (JCB) as coordinator in 2008. He brought JCB into DRDO as its one of the laboratory in 2013 and became its first Director. He got superannuated from SAG in Dec. 2015. During his about thirty five (35) years of service in AFHQ and DRDO he has completed many projects and was on the board of several defense programs. He is recipient of several commendation certificates from SA to RM and best scientist of the year Lab award for exhibiting the excellence in pattern recognition application to cryptology.
Currently, he is working as a Professor at Research and Technology Development Centre (RTDC), Deptt. of Computer Science and Engineering of Sharda University, India and involved actively in teaching and research mainly in the area of cyber security and Machine learning.
Several awards and recognition are credited to Prof. Shri Kant, some of those are:
- DRDO LAB award for exhibiting “Excellence in the area of Pattern Recognition” 1995.
- National science day oration “Pattern Recognition and Clustering in Context of Cryptology” medal and commendation certificate by SA to RM 2002.
- National technology day oration “Generalized Classification Models and their Application” medal and commendation certificate by SA to RM 2008.
- Technology group award for “Successful implementation of the Project PATCLAN” 2008.
- Nominated by governor of HARYANA as Academic Council Member for “Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology(DCRUST)” in 2010